Vegan Thai green curry
Here’s a delicious vegan Thai green curry recipe for you:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste (check the label to ensure it’s vegan)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the Thai green curry paste to the skillet and stir well to combine with the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another minute to release the flavors.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth, and stir to combine everything together.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, zucchini, green beans, and broccoli florets to the skillet. Stir to coat the vegetables with the curry sauce.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat a separate non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the cubed tofu. Cook until the tofu is golden and slightly crispy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup or agave nectar, and lime juice. Pour this mixture over the cooked tofu, stirring to coat evenly. Cook for an additional minute, then remove from heat.
- Season the curry with salt to taste. Adjust the spice level by adding more curry paste if desired.
- Serve the Thai green curry over cooked jasmine rice, and top with the crispy tofu.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
This vegan Thai green curry is flavorful and packed with vibrant vegetables. Feel free to customize the recipe by adding or substituting your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!