Vegan burgers are a great alternative to traditional beef burgers and are a tasty way to incorporate more plant-based foods...
Vegan Croquettes with Spinach
- 2 cups cooked spinach, squeezed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, mashed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (plus more for coating)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked spinach, mashed chickpeas, cooked quinoa, chopped onion, minced garlic, ground cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, bread crumbs, and nutritional yeast (if using). Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a croquette (oval or round shape). Repeat until all the mixture is used. If the mixture feels too sticky to shape, you can refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Spread some bread crumbs on a plate. Take each croquette and coat it with the bread crumbs, pressing gently to ensure they stick.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the croquettes in batches, leaving some space between them. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Remove from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the vegan croquettes with your favorite dipping sauce or alongside a fresh salad. They can also be enjoyed as a filling in sandwiches or wraps.
Enjoy your delicious vegan croquettes with spinach!