If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious soup recipe, this vegan soup with kale, chickpeas, and tomatoes is a...
- 1 block (14 oz or 400g) firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the pressed tofu into small cubes or bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the nutritional yeast, tamari or soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the tofu cubes to the bowl with the marinade and gently toss until all the tofu pieces are coated.
- Let the tofu marinate for about 15-20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with oil.
- Spread the marinated tofu evenly on the baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching each other.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the tofu is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Once the tofu is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the Vegan Tofu Tifatfa hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.
This vegan version of Tofu Tifatfa is packed with flavor and has a satisfying texture. It’s a great protein-rich option for a delicious plant-based meal. Enjoy!