Keto Pan-Seared Salmon with Asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce
Keto Pan-Seared Salmon with Asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce Recipe:
- 2 salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the salmon fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the salmon fillets to a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- While the salmon is baking, blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- To make the hollandaise sauce, whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice, and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the melted butter until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Arrange the salmon fillets and asparagus on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the hollandaise sauce over the salmon and asparagus.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your fine dining keto-friendly meal!
Note: Hollandaise sauce is traditionally high in carbs due to the use of butter and egg yolks, but this keto version is made with unsalted butter and uses only egg yolks, making it lower in carbs.