LOW CARB KETO STUFFED PEPPERS (LASAGNA STYLE)
Here’s a recipe for low-carb keto stuffed peppers with a lasagna-style filling:
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably lean)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup marinara sauce (look for a low-carb option)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes from the inside. Rinse the peppers under cold water and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until it is browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Stir in the marinara sauce, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper into the skillet with the ground beef. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon a layer of the ground beef mixture into the bottom of each bell pepper. Then add a layer of the cheese mixture on top. Repeat the layers until the peppers are filled.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the stuffed peppers are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Serve the low-carb keto stuffed peppers warm and enjoy!
Note: Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other low-carb vegetables like zucchini or spinach to the filling, or by using different types of cheese according to your preferences.