Ingredients: Instructions: This snack is high in healthy fats, protein, and fiber, and will keep you feeling full and satisfied...
Unstuffed cabbage rolls with ground beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet or pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and sauté until it becomes translucent. Then add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the shredded cabbage and cook until it wilts down slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste to the skillet. Mix well to combine.
- Season with dried thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Cover the skillet or pot and simmer the mixture over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
- Stir in the cooked rice and cook for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the unstuffed cabbage rolls hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
This recipe serves approximately 4-6 people, depending on portion sizes. Feel free to adjust the quantities based on your needs. Enjoy!