Ingredients: For the shrimp: For the Bang Bang Sauce: Instructions: Enjoy your keto-friendly Bang Bang Shrimp! ketorecipe.org
Keto empanadas with a meat filling
Here’s a recipe for keto empanadas with a meat filling:
For the dough:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 large egg
For the meat filling:
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt for the dough. Add the cold butter cubes and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the egg to the dough mixture and knead until a smooth dough forms. If the dough is too crumbly, you can add a tablespoon of cold water at a time until it comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow it to firm up.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the meat filling. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and diced bell pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the ground beef or ground turkey to the skillet and cook until browned. Stir in the tomato paste, ground cumin, dried oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for another few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Remove from heat and let the filling cool slightly.
- Take the chilled dough out of the refrigerator and place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough out to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter or a glass to cut out circles from the dough. Re-roll the scraps and cut more circles until all the dough is used.
- Spoon a small amount of the meat filling onto one half of each dough circle. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape. Press the edges firmly to seal the empanadas.
- Place the sealed empanadas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the empanadas are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the empanadas cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy your tasty keto empanadas with meat! You can serve them as a main dish or as a delicious appetizer.