Keto Lemon Butter Chicken is a mouthwatering and healthy recipe that is perfect for anyone following the keto diet. This...
Chicken ballotine with mash, shallots and wine jus recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until evenly flattened.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on top of each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breasts tightly around the prosciutto and tie with kitchen twine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the wine jus. In a small saucepan, bring the chicken stock and red wine to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and whisk until the sauce has thickened.
- In a separate saucepan, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced shallots to the pan and sauté until they are soft and caramelized.
- Add the mashed potatoes to a large bowl and stir in 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Season the mashed potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the mashed potatoes onto each plate.
- Remove the twine from the chicken breasts and slice them into rounds.
- Place a chicken breast on top of each serving of mashed potatoes.
- Spoon the caramelized shallots over the chicken.
- Drizzle the wine jus over the chicken and serve immediately. Enjoy!