Air Fryer Steak with Potatoes Puree on Top:
Here’s a recipe for Air Fryer Steak with Potatoes Puree on Top:
For the steak:
- 2 steaks (preferably ribeye or striploin), about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
For the potatoes puree:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- Rub the olive oil all over the steaks, then season both sides of the steaks with the spice mixture.
- Place the seasoned steaks in the preheated air fryer basket. Cook for about 8-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, depending on your desired level of doneness (8 minutes for medium-rare, 10 minutes for medium, and 12 minutes for medium-well).
- While the steaks are cooking, prepare the potatoes puree. Place the potato chunks in a large pot of salted boiling water and cook until they are fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the butter and heavy cream to the pot.
- Using a potato masher or an electric hand mixer, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve the sliced steak on a plate and top it with a generous dollop of the potatoes puree.
Enjoy your delicious Air Fryer Steak with Potatoes Puree on Top! You can also serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad.